Sunday, June 05, 2005

tartine


tartine
Originally uploaded by Aindrila.
I love the Mission. A twenty minute walk can furnish me with half a dozen compositions worthy of sketching. I haul my sketch pad and pen around everywhere but I can never seem to muster the courage to actually pull it out and put it to use!

Last weekend I was at the Tartine Bakery. I had my coffee and my snack and was as usual sizing up the street across and wondering why I couldn't just whip the bloody sketch pad out and sketch already - when - the elderly man sitting at the next table took out his insulin shot and preceeded to poke it into his belly - through his sweater and shirt and all!!!

Well, I guess he needed to do that (and its okay with me -I must add). But I finally mustered the guts to pull out my drawing supplies...

So here is a sketch of 18th and Guerrero across from Tartine. It currently is my most popular post on flickr.com and even found its way to another blog...La Recoleta

3 Comments:

Blogger Bharat said...

Waiting to read and see more :-)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Nice drawings. I have the same problem getting out my digital camera in public places. drawing must be worse!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Aindrila said...

Thanks Michael. Well, I've been doing a little better lately. Most times people just let me be. On occasion someone puts in a word of encouragement (!) which is fine with me...

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home